A man was tragically found dead in his home on Christmas Day after taking drugs, an inquest heard. Paul Edward Costello, 43, was discovered by members of his family who had become concerned when he did not go to his mother’s house.His mother Elizabeth Costello, 65, told the inquest at Hartlepool Civic Centre that he had seemed fine the previous day.The hearing was told he had a past history of drug use and had also suffered from mental health problems.About four weeks before his death, Mr Costello had been admitted to hospital after having fits, believed to have been caused by an overdose of diazepam tablets.In a statement by Mrs Costello, which was read at the inquest, she said: “Paul was very normal to me on Christmas Eve.“He came to my house about 10.30am and stayed all day.” She added: “Paul started taking fits. He went into hospital in November and I don’t think he felt the same when he came out.“He was taking drugs for a lot of years, but stopped taking them after his hospital stay.“He suffered with mental health problems as well.”Mr Costello was found unresponsive in his bedroom at his home in Hilda Walk, Hartlepool, the following… Read full this story
- Man dies after crashing head-on into Milwaukee squad car
- TV presenter Ryan Phelan is charged with allegedly assaulting his ballet teacher girlfriend at their $2.16million home - just days after his afternoon news show got the axe
- Police launch murder probes after man, 30, is stabbed to death in south London knife attack and another is fatally shot on weekend of bloodshed in the capital
- Mother whose two children died of carbon monoxide poisoning on Corfu holiday reveals she is now working with Thomas Cook to raise awareness
- Mum-to-be reveals how she got pregnant ‘without a man or a doctor’
- John Travolta's wife Kelly Preston dies of breast cancer aged 57 as he pays tribute to her 'courageous' two-year fight and distraught daughter Ella, 20, says 'I love you so much mama'
- A grieving daughter called out politicians for 'lack of leadership' in her father's obituary after he died from Covid-19
- I thought my husband was the lucky one for dying: Victoria lost her daughter, partner and her leg in a speedboat tragedy that appalled Britain. In this shattering interview, she lays bare her heartbreak - and anger
- Visits to nursing homes resume in half of US states to the relief of families
- Kelly Preston, actor and wife of John Travolta, dies at 57 of breast cancer
Tragic discovery for family of man who died in his Hartlepool home on Christmas Day have 431 words, post on www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk at January 25, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.