© AP Photo / Raytheon Antarctic Services, John Feaney, HO‘Life-Threatening Cold Air’: Polar Vortex to Engulf US Midwest, Great Lakes Region (PHOTOS)Disrupted polar weather patterns have pushed Arctic air down across much lower latitudes than it normally reaches, plunging the northern US into a deep, life-threatening freeze. Chicagoans have redubbed their city “Chiberia” as wind chills approach minus 50 degrees Fahrenheit, colder than some parts of Antarctica or Mars. Experts have warned that frostbite is possible in as little as 10 minutes of exposure to that kind of cold, and people are cautioned not to directly breathe the cold air, as it could damage their lungs. You’ll never guess who is seizing on life-threatening cold weather in the U.S. to fear-monger about… Russia! pic.twitter.com/deo2H4SBBQ — Aaron Maté (@aaronjmate) January 31, 2019 When Scottish poet Robert Burns wrote about “autumn wild and winter rude,” this is NOT what he meant! © Photo: Youtube / TOP BREAKING NEWSThe Other Pipe Bombs? US’ Ancient Gas Infrastructure Keeps Killing People “Russia has the ability to execute cyber attacks in the United States that generate localized, temporary disruptive effects on critical infrastructure — such as disrupting an electrical distribution network for at least a few hours — similar to those demonstrated in Ukraine in 2015 and 2016,” the report, which Coats presented to a Senate panel, reads. Of course, the identities of those behind that attack… Read full this story
- What Would Really Happen If Russia Attacked Undersea Internet Cables
- US-Russian Conflict Over Syria More Dangerous Than the Old Cold War, Here's Why
- Reviving the Cold War is Anachronistic - Vice Foreign Minister Le Yucheng's Exclusive Interview with Guancha.cn
- Russia warns any ballistic missile launched at its territory will be seen as nuclear attack
- Russia warns it will see any incoming missile as nuclear
- SAJID JAVID: We must treat the threat of Chinese and Russian cyber attacks as seriously as we do terrorists
- Fatal addiction to meddling: From the migrant crisis to the Afghan fiasco - for which Sgt Blackman's the fall guy - the West's 'humanitarian' wars have ended in disaster. Will our messianic leaders ever learn?
- Trump advisers hesitated to give military options and warned adversaries over fears he might start a war
- It's time for a special counsel on Hillary Clinton's Russia scandal
- Pentagon Chief Explains Why US is Putting More Troops on Russia’s Borders
The Cold War? MSNBC’s Maddow Warns Russia Could Attack US During Polar Vortex have 383 words, post on sputniknews.com at January 31, 2019. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.