Tesla’s Elon Musk has made his case for why the defamation lawsuit against him should be dismissed, and it appears to be a strong one. For some reason, Musk decided to call British man Vernon Unsworth, who volunteered to help rescue Thai children trapped in a cave, “pedo guy.” Musk did so on Twitter, after Unsworth criticized his efforts to help out, then deleted the tweets and blamed his “pedo” statement on “anger.” Unsworth, for his part, lawyered up and filed a defamation lawsuit against the loud-mouth billionaire. Musk’s lawyers responded to that lawsuit Thursday with a motion to dismiss, and in one place cited judicial decisions about President Donald Trump‘s Twitter statements to bolster his case. Team Musk began by explaining where the “anger” came from. They said Unsworth’s appearance on CNN, in which he “for reasons unknown, decided to pick a fight with Musk spectacularly public fashion,” was what initially set Musk off. Why? Because Unsworth was dismissing Musk and his and engineers’ own efforts to develop a way to save the Thai children. Musk responded with the “pedo guy” insult and some baseless commentary about Unsworth having a “child bride who was about 12 years old.” Team Musk said that the… Read full this story
- Opinion: A psychological breakdown of Donald Trump
- Joe Biden won’t beat Donald Trump
- How the ASAP Rocky assault case unfolded
- ‘Stable genius’ Trump has spent decades fixating on IQ
- Trump scrapped Iran deal 'to spite Obama'
- It's a small world after all: Aerospace’s global reach
- Amber Heard, 33, finds love again with model, 25
- Netizens Abuzz Over Alibaba Founder Jack Ma's Shock Resignation
- Doonbeg at the ready as upbeat locals to welcome US president
- The link between a Grindr murderer and a serial killer
Trump-Stormy Daniels Case Illustrates Why Elon Musk Will Very Likely Get Away with His ‘Pedo Guy’ Tweets have 288 words, post on lawandcrime.com at December 27, 2018. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.