Multiplayer games are the best type of games, because they’re built around the most interesting components known to humans: humans. Men, women, and an awful lot of children. Internet strangers aren’t always the friendliest bunch, but they can surprise you in ways that a static system can’t. People form the living, beating hearts of the gaming moments I value the most. Join me, then, as I point at the games that encase those beating hearts best. Outwitting another human will always be more satisfying than outwitting an AI. The games on this list are geared towards competitive multiplayer, though do check out our roundup of the 25 best co-op games if you’d rather work with your neighbour than beat them up. You can change pages using the previous/next buttons above and below the text on each page, or by using your keyboard’s arrow keys. Onward is basically a slower-paced Counter-Strike in VR, and it’s every bit as exhilarating as that suggests. Two teams of five fight over objectives while wrestling with guns that come with all the faff of their real world counterparts. I’ll never forget the time I lay quivering on top of a rooftop, forgetting how to reload… Read full this story
- Atari, Mario and more: Hands on at Singapore’s only video game museum
- Black Friday 2017: The best deals on graphics cards, monitors, SSDs and more
- Halo 5 Reaches $400 Million in Sales to Become Biggest Halo Launch Ever
- A Neverending Final Fantasy Part 2
- GTA Online: The Doomsday Heist – "Explosive set-pieces intersect with thrilling absurdities"
The 25 best multiplayer games on PC have 260 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at October 1, 2018. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.