Elon Musk has shot down reports that James Murdoch was the frontrunner to take his role as Tesla chairman when he steps down next month. Mr Musk was forced from his post as part of a settlement with the US Securities and Exchange Commission over alleged securities fraud, where he claimed he had “funding secured” for a takeover of the electric car maker. Mr Murdoch had been tipped as the lead candidate for the job, sources close to the talks told the Financial Times. When the newspaper tweeted it out from its Twitter account, Mr Musk replied underneath: “This is incorrect”. Tesla’s board has become a source of contention with the SEC and investors, with some viewing it as too close to Mr Musk. Board members include his brother Kimbal Musk and long-term friend and investor Antonio Gracias. Mr Murdoch was appointed to Telsa’s board in 2017 and will step down from his role as chief executive of media empire 21st Century Fox when it completes the sale of its entertainment businesses to Disney. He also stepped down as chairman of Sky after its takeover by Comcast. This is incorrect— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 10, 2018 Reports last week said… Read full this story
- Elon Musk Says True Self-Driving Teslas Could Be Ready in 2020
- Elon Musk says Tesla 'would be interested' in taking over General Motors' idled factories (TSLA)
- Elon Musk says he doesn't want to make electric scooters because they lack 'dignity' (TSLA)
- Elon Musk says if Tesla goes private it will not merge with SpaceX (TSLA)
- Elon Musk says there's a 'good chance' Ford doesn't survive the next recession (TSLA, F)
- Elon Musk says building a factory is '100 times' as hard as building a car (TSLA)
- Elon Musk reveals new details about Tesla's plans to build Gigafactories around the world (TSLA)
- Elon Musk Says He Doesn't Have Time to Shower. Here Are 3 Things to Know Today.
- Elon Musk says he is 'confident' people could afford to 'sell their home on Earth' and move to Mars on a SpaceX rocket
- Elon Musk Says Tesla Has 'Absolutely' No 'Demand Problem'
Elon Musk says James Murdoch will not replace him as Tesla chair have 349 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at October 9, 2018. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.