Irish pop star Gately died of natural causes at the age of 33 on October 10 2009 at his holiday home in Majorca.
In an emotional message on social media, Keating wrote: “I hear your laugh every day bro. That wicked sense of humour still gets me through.
“Thank you for the friendship. Can’t believe 9 years have passed. Miss ya Bro your song will last forever. #Wingman #Brothers #Love.”
Along with the message, Keating shared a picture of his tattoo in tribute to Gately, bearing the numbers 76 09, referring to Gately’s years of birth and death.
Boyzone star Shane Lynch posted a picture of himself hugging Gately on Instagram, bearing the words: “When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.”
Band-mate Keith Duffy said in a social media post: “There’s not a day goes by where I don’t remember a wonderful memory of times spent with this beautiful beautiful man.
“I miss you Steo.”
Gately, Keating, Lynch, Duffy and Mikey Graham rose to fame in the Irish boyband in the 1990s, selling millions of albums and releasing hit singles including Words, A Different Beat and No Matter What.
The group has continued as a four-piece in recent years, and will officially release a farewell album called Thank You & Goodnight later this year.
The album will feature a song in tribute to their late band-mate, a reworking of a demo Gately recorded in 2002 and which includes his vocals.
- How old is Ronan Keating, what are his biggest songs, who’s his wife and how many children does he have?
- How old is Mikey Graham, who’s his wife Karen Corradi, does the Boyzone star have children and what TV shows has he been on?
- Angry Boyzone star Shane Lynch drops the f-bomb in shocking live TV rant
- Memorial mass to be held to remember Stephen Gately on the 10th anniversary of his death
- From disagreements to regrets and break-ups, Boyzone talk 25 years in the spotlight and calling it a day for good
- Boyzone’s Shane Lynch: Louis Walsh’s gruelling tour schedule made us famous
- Boyzone pay tribute to former manager John Reynolds
- Boyzone: We're not kids anymore and you can't do this sort of thing forever, but we wanted to go out on a high
- How old is Shane Lynch, what tattoos has the Boyzone singer got and who are the CBB star’s sisters?
- How old is Shane Lynch? Boyzone singer and Celebrity Big Brother 2018 star
- Children In Need 2018 brings in a massive £33.9m as EastEnders cast sing Disney tunes and Boyzone tackle Strictly
- Boyzone announce 2019 New Zealand concerts
- Fast & Furious stars pay tribute to Paul Walker on anniversary of his death
- I'd choose Strictly Come Dancing over Dancing With The Stars
- NOSTALGIA: Tragic US star plays Gliderdrome in 1963 and chef rubs shoulders with Steps, All Saints, and George Michael in 1998
- Leicester City squad and owner's family pay tribute to five who died in helicopter crash at King Power Stadium
- 'If you are weak, you are going to be broken'
- Children In Need 2018: What time is it on and who's taking part tonight?
- Nick Grimshaw to go back to university after quitting Radio One Breakfast Show
- Strictly’s Neil and Katya Jones finally reunite in the ballroom after her Seann Walsh snog
Boyzone star Ronan Keating in tribute to Stephen Gately on anniversary of death have 555 words, post on www.dailyrecord.co.uk at October 10, 2018. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.