The Nubia Alpha caught the eye at IFA 2018 this week, and not just for being one of the few devices that incorporated a flexible OLED screen. What also had us leaning in to get a closer look is that the device will be on sale before the end of 2018. That makes it far more than a concept, and it’s quite different to anything else out there. So what’s it all about?Nubia Nubia is a quasi sub-brand or spinoff from ZTE, with some decent devices including the gaming-focused Nubia Red Magic, a gaming smartphone set to be updated with a Snapdragon 845 and with shoulder triggers, among others. This Nubia Alpha holds a bit more water than the other tech demonstrations we see encased behind a glass box at trade shows. Firstly, because it’s going on sale, and secondly, because it’s made by a known and plausible Chinese manufacturer. When touring the booth and asking lots of question, Nubia’s team was kind enough to remove the Nubia Alpha’s protective glass casing, but we weren’t able to get hands-on, unfortunately. That’s because the Nuba Alpha looked a bit like a hardware alpha — obviously pre-production, and in demonstration mode only. Most… Read full this story
- The 12 Best Products of IFA 2019
- Fibank, Mastercard and Garmin Launch an Innovation in Payments
- College football world responds to Ole Miss controversial call
- Opener between Ole Miss-Memphis last in current contract
- Does Ole Miss need a QB change after Matt Corral injury?
- St. Paul tech company touts app to tame your smartphone use
- How to watch Apple’s 2019 iPhone event — and what to expect
- IFA 2014: The network comes home
- IFA - good business with colorful screens
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 vs Apple iPhone X: Tech titans battle it out for best smartphone of 2017
Nubia Alpha: IFA’s most innovative smartphone was a flexible OLED hybrid watch have 307 words, post on www.androidauthority.com at September 5, 2018. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.