By Steve Rosenbush Steve Rosenbush The Wall Street Journal BiographySteve Rosenbush @Steve_Rosenbush ciojournal [email protected] Aug 6, 2018 8:40 am ET 0 COMMENTS Sign up here for The Morning Download, and get the most important news in business technology emailed to you each weekday morning. Subscribe to WSJ Pro Cybersecurity for in-depth coverage on cybersecurity trends, breaches and best practices. Good morning, CIOs. Every so often, like maybe one or twice a week, the world of blockchain and cryptocurrencies forks in one new direction too many, and it’s time to step back and assess where things stand. CIO Journal Columnist Irving Wladawsky-Berger does just that with his useful look at “The Emergence of a Blockchain-Based Token Economy.” He begins by putting the growth of this economy in perspective, looking at how much it has expanded since Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott published “Blockchain Revolution” in 2016. The book was updated this year, and things have changed. “When the original book was published, the entire cryptoasset market had a value of $9 billion. The new edition estimates that as of March 2018, the cryptoasset market was around $400 billion in size, a value subject to rapid fluctuations,” Dr. Wladawsky-Berger writes. Next, he walks us… Read full this story
- How Long Will ‘Old Town Road’ Stay at No. 1?
- Malaysia road trip: from Kuala Lumpur to the east coast
- Pokémon GO UK release: Recap as app is ready to download in Britain
- Silk Road trial: How the Dread Pirate Roberts embraced violence
- Kevin Hart Dishes on 'Road to Recovery,' Shows off Saturday Morning Workout Routine
- How Lancashire’s hidden jewel landscape came into its own
- 2-Year-Old Shot In Baltimore Road Rage Incident: Police
- This couple built their wedding vows at Build-A-Bear
- Passengers on scenic railroad in American West "see the world as it existed 140 years ago"
- Inside The Near-Future World Where All Our Data And Machines Are In Constant Communication
The Morning Download: A Road Atlas for the Blockchain Landscape have 309 words, post on blogs.wsj.com at August 6, 2018. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.