opinion Kate Abbey-Lambertz Published 10:46 p.m. UTC Jul 12, 2018 Dear Mr. Elon Musk: We get it — if you’re attempting to send mini-submarines into underwater caves and launch yourself into space, fixing America’s crumbling urban infrastructure probably sounds like the kind of project you could tackle on a lazy Sunday afternoon. With your full portfolio of projects and … prolific Twitter use, it might be entirely normal for you to start a project as complex as restoring clean water to Flint, seemingly just at the request of a few followers. Well, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but we’ve got a friendly suggestion! Instead of personally solving Flint’s water crisis — by telling people that the water is fine now (not quite), asking residents to tweet or email their tap water test results (probably not the most effective system) and planning one weekend to install filters and fully eradicate resident worries (free filters have already been available) — maybe don’t reinvent the water system? Flint has well-deserved trust issues with strangers who show up on their figurative or literal doorsteps offering quick fixes. Instead, you could consider donating to one of the local organizations already offering services… Read full this story
- Will Tesla CEO Elon Musk fix Flint water?
- This is the 'couch' Elon Musk sleeps on when he works late at Tesla, and the Internet is aghast
- Elon Musk reportedly tells Tesla employees that they should just leave meetings or hang up the phone if it's not productive
- Trump-Stormy Daniels Case Illustrates Why Elon Musk Will Very Likely Get Away with His ‘Pedo Guy’ Tweets
- 'Please sell our stock': Elon Musk clashes with Wall Street during epic earnings call
- Senate hopeful from Grosse Pointe pledges $500K for Elon Musk's Flint plan
- Elon Musk Wanting to Rate Journalists Isn’t Actually a Bad Idea… But How Would It Work?
- How Tesla's Elon Musk shows superstar bet still carries risk
- Here's how you can use your Costco membership to rent a car (COST)
Opinion: Elon Musk says he can fix Flint’s water. Here’s what he should do instead. have 329 words, post on eu.freep.com at July 12, 2018. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.