As investing in blockchain is becoming a new trend among firms, the domestic personnel shortage in the industry has been a headache, despite repeatedly posting recruitment notices offering $2,000-3,000. Vietnam has very few blockchain engineers (Photo: sggp.org.vn) Navigos Search’s survey of the demand on recruiting middle- and high-end personnel in the second quarter of 2018 found that the blockchain industry is starved of personnel in Vietnam. Despite many times advertising job opportunities, foreign blockchain firms are finding recruitment difficult in Vietnam and are forced to hire IT employees from the US, Russia, and Ukraine. Navigos Search figured that domestic IT employees are young and interested in new technologies, but they are quite afraid of employment in blockchain technology. The US is also struggling with a lack of blockchain personnel. International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) as of April 18 was seeking 150 blockchain engineers. Elieen Lowry, programme director of IBM Blockchain Labs & Garage North America, said that one of the firm’s challenges is seeking qualified employees because blockchain is a completely new segment. “IBM has even accepted to recruit employees without blockchain knowledge, then training them in certain time,” added Lowry. Over the past few years, blockchain has been one… Read full this story
- Vietnam needs more active prevention of natural disasters instead of passive response
- What educational model does Vietnam need in the 4.0 era?
- Vietnam needs ‘FDI filter’ for woodwork industry
- Vietnam needs solutions for sustainable development of rivers
- 50,000 ICT firms needed to embrace digital transformation: Minister
- Developing renewable energy in Vietnam: Through the lens of equality and sustainability
- Is Vietnam sliding deeper into authoritarianism?
- Vietnam assumes ASEAN Chair
- Huawei wants to cooperate with Vietnam’s ‘super committee’
- Vietnam spends big money to preserve endangered pangolins
Blockchain Vietnam needs personnel have 283 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at July 14, 2018. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.