Disappointing season of your favorite prestige drama got you down? Let down by the big sitcom revival that promised to open up a dialogue, but just wound up taking potshots at easy (and vulnerable) targets while setting up a runway for Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing over at Old Man Murdoch’s place? A thousand Netflix originals (and nothin’ on)? Take heart: When The A.V. Club surveyed all the shows, miniseries, specials, and movies that have aired since January 1, 2018, we still came away with a hefty list of returning favorites, stellar debuts, and a few picks that managed to sneak up on us. Returning series The Americans (FX) Final episodes of long-running shows are fiendishly difficult to pull off, let alone final seasons, and a list of subpar TV conclusions would be long and exhausting, much like those shows’ finales. The Americans, by contrast, gave us a finale for the ages, and the last look at the Jennings family in all its flawed fragility made for a season as good as any in its six-season run. From the premiere, in which Philip (Matthew Rhys) is asked to spy on his wife—while Elizabeth (Keri Russell), in turn, is told to… Read full this story
- WWE star Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and other wrestlers who died in 2018
- Strictly Come Dancing 2018 line-up: Joe Sugg joins line-up
- Celebrity Big Brother 2018 line-up will 'make your jaw hit floor'
- Inside the plush Celebrity Big Brother 2018 house
- When does Strictly Come Dancing 2018 start
- Celebrity Big Brother 2018 is the most expensive ever as bosses fork out £2.3m to bag world’s most scandalous stars
- Dr Ranj Singh confirmed for Strictly Come Dancing 2018
- Strictly Come Dancing 2018 line-up confirmed celeb contestants and the rumours
- Elderly could lose free TV licence
- Sarah Hyland reveals Wells Adams is The One ahead of Emmys 2018
The best TV of 2018 so far have 297 words, post on tv.avclub.com at June 29, 2018. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.