source Hannibal Hanschke / Reuters Tesla CEO Elon Musk refuted a Goldman Sachs‘ analyst’s claim that the company would miss its second-quarter production targets for Model 3 sedans. “They’re in for a rude awakening :)” Musk wrote in an email to employees. Tesla has repeatedly missed production targets for the Model 3. Tesla CEO Elon Musk send a companywide email on Wednesday refuting estimates by a Goldman Sachs analyst that the electric car company would miss second-quarter production targets of its Model 3 sedan. David Tamberrino, a Goldman Sachs analyst who has had a sell rating on Tesla since last February, wrote that deliveries were not meeting expectations and that second-quarter production numbers were “elevated.” Musk did not agree with Goldman Sachs’ assessment. “They’re in for a rude awakening :)” Musk wrote in an email obtained by Bloomberg.com. Musk then linked his comments to a CNBC story that showed Goldman expected Tesla to deliver 22,000 Model 3s at the close of the quarter. While Tamberrino wrote Tesla would hit 22,000 deliveries of its Model 3 electric-sedan, the number falls well short of the 28,000 number chosen as an industry-wide consensus. CNBC reports Tamberrino based his conclusion on data from InsideEVs.com,… Read full this story
- Elon Musk says Tesla will begin offering its own insurance to customers next month (TSLA)
- Elon Musk says he lost money running Tesla last year
- Elon Musk says Tesla is likely to produce Model Y in Fremont
- Tesla annual meeting: What will Elon Musk say?
- Tesla shares helped by leaked Elon Musk email about deliveries
- Wall Street tells Elon Musk to stow the "sci-fi" projects
- Elon Musk cracks whip in push for ‘record’ deliveries
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk: 'Absolutely not' having demand problems
- No One Believes in Elon Musk’s Lofty Tesla Promises Anymore
- Judge approves Tesla CEO Elon Musk's agreement with SEC
Elon Musk says naysayers are in for a ‘rude awakening’ about Model 3 production numbers have 295 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at June 27, 2018. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.