President Donald Trump may have a chance to pull the US out of Syria now that Russian President Vladimir Putin has called on Iran to move out its forces as well. Trump has long wanted to pull the US out of Syria, but likely couldn’t because he’d be forfeiting the country to the same Iranian influence he hopes to counter. Putin looks to have turned his back on Iran, and has asked them to leave Syria. President Donald Trump’s administration has been puzzling for some time over a vital question – how to pull the US out of Syria without ceding the region to Iran. But now it looks like an unlikely figure, Russian President Vladimir Putin, has presented a solution. After withdrawing the US from the Iran nuclear deal, a move that largely isolated the US’s Iran policy from the policies of other US allies, Trump’s secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, laid out a unilateral list of demands for Tehran. Among the demands, which critics mocked as a pipe dream, was for Iran to pull its militias out of Syria. Iran has about 70,000 official uniformed and unofficially aligned militia fighters in Syria and a massive reported arsenal of… Read full this story
- Why would Trump reverse US policy on Israeli settlements? Good question.
- Meghan McCain Says Trump's Syria Withdrawal 'Is The Worst Thing He Has Done in the Presidency'
- Madeleine Albright 'Ready to Register as Muslim' Over Trump's Immigration Policies
- US rethinks Syria policy but further military intervention is unlikely
- Trump Is About to Get a Dose of Due Process From Summer Zervos
- Charlize Theron gets babysitting help from her mother while attending an event in Los Angeles
- ANALYSIS: How Trump's foreign policy has affected global relations since assuming office
- Fiona Hill: Giving up Fracking in U.S. Would Help Putin’s Russia
- Ohio farmer who left GOP over Trump's agricultural policy to challenge Jim Jordan
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Says Trump's Syria Decision Is About 'Financial Conflicts of Interest,' Not Withdrawing Military
Trump’s troubled Syria policy is getting unexpected help from Putin have 341 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at May 22, 2018. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.