Every proposal story has its romantic quirks, whether it took place on a gondola on the waters of Venice or on the couch over a takeaway pizza.
However, when it comes to proposals with a surprising turn of events, this romantic encounter at Memphis Zoo definitely takes the biscuit.
Last Friday night, Becky McCabe visited the zoo with her girlfriend Jessa Gillaspie with plans to pop the question while posing for a photo together.
Becky suggested taking a candid picture with the couple posing as though in the middle of a conversation.
The couple turned to face each other and kissed, before Becky went down on one knee and unveiled the ring that she’d been hiding behind her back.
Jessa appeared absolutely astonished. However, she didn’t say yes straight away as one might expect.
Instead, she excitedly picked up her handbag and took out her own ring box, much to the shock of her future fiancée, friends and surrounding onlookers.
Becky and Jessa were both reduced to fits of laughter as they realised they’d both planned on proposing at the same time on the spot where they’d had their first date.
Jessa shared the video on Facebook, where it’s had an overwhelming positive and supportive response.
“I had no idea she planned to propose, and she had no idea I planned to propose to her! We were both so surprised!!!” she wrote.
“We were surrounded by our friends and had the most amazing night. I am the luckiest girl in the world to be able to call her my fiancé.”
The video has been viewed 792,000 times and has garnered 15,000 reactions since Jessa posted it on Sunday.
“We had no idea this would blow up so quickly!” Jessa wrote in response to the attention the couple’s proposal video has received.
“But I can’t say I’m not thrilled, because all I’ve ever wanted was for Beck and the world to know how much I love her.”
Many people have left comments underneath the video expressing their congratulations.
“This is amazing,” one person wrote, with another describing the surprise proposal as “the best thing ever!”.
According to local reports, the couple plan to tie the knot this summer.
- Boris and Carrie are still 'loved up' and have been 'brought even closer together' following police row, friends insist, as couple are seen together for first time since argument
- Danielle Bregoli Helps Fan Propose to GF Onstage at Australia Concert
- And you thought YOUR job was bad! Employees reveal their most shocking workplace tales - from romps caught on camera to a boss who showed off an 'intimate piercing'
- On The Woman Who Called Reporter Emmy Victor A Nigger, And Victor's Subtle "Nigga Moment"
- The Leaky New York Times Paywall & How "Google Limits" Led To "Search Engine Limits"
- Here's a Universal Gear Indicator that can be installed on any motorcycle [Video]
- 10 (Inexpensive) Romantic Things to Do in Paris
- Words have soul: on the Romantic theory of language origin – Mark Vernon
- The Video Game That Began With...Pictures Of Ellen Page
- Taylor Swift’s stage malfunction last night exposed exactly what it means to be a pop star
- War Games: German Syria Proposal a Risk for Merkel Ally
- Beauty and the Beast to feature first 'exclusively gay moment' in a Disney movie
- New Undercover Videos, Legislation Aim to Phase Out Mile-Long Fishing Nets Blamed for Killing Endangered Sea Life
- Proposal In Paris |14 Quotable Quotes
- Holden Time Attack Concept Racer: Inside the making of a new Lion
- Beyoncé's Been Watching Videos About Feminism on YouTube (As One Does)
- How a first-time drug charge became a life sentence for this mother of two
- Top 5 of All Time: Jay-Z Fatherhood Songs
- Bride To Be Blog 3: Wedding Planning Conundrums – How Many Guests? DJ vs Live Band & Honeymoon Destinations
- A Metasequoia Moment
The romantic moment couple realises they’ve planned to propose at exact same time caught on video have 692 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at May 30, 2018. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.