Mickey Mouse is recognised the world over as the defining character of Disney – summing up what the magic is all about. In fact, artists who have put pen to paper and brought the humble mouse to life have often called him Walt Disney’s “alter ego”. Others say he “represents the world of animation”, and a poll found he was more recognisable than Santa Claus. For such a tiny guy he holds a great deal of weight – not only in animation, but also for creating the idea behind the Disney magic. Walt Disney once said: “I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing, that it was all started by a mouse.” Mickey Mouse turns 90 this year and to mark the occasion we’ve gathered together some facts you may – or may not – know about the popular rodent. 1. Mickey’s debut Mickey Mouse made his debut on November 18, 1928 in Steamboat Willie at the Colony Theatre, New York City. Steamboat Willie was the world’s first cartoon with synchronised sound and featured Walt Disney’s own voice for Mickey’s squeaky noises. 2. He nearly wasn’t called Mickey Walt Disney wanted Mickey to be called Mortimer Mouse… Read full this story
- Walt Disney World 'fingerprinting' visitors: Magic Kingdom, or Mickey Mouse?
- Suffolk organist who has been on the keys for eight decades celebrates 90th birthday
- Mickey Mouse turns tail on Naughton
- Disney Podcasts Disneyland 50th Birthday
- eBay fee fumbling frustrates Mickey Mouse salesman
- DNA pioneer Watson to be honored by lab at 90th birthday
- Disney Confirms Deadpool's Future in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Jobs' new Disney role raises conflict concerns
- Every movie and TV show that will be on Disney+ at launch
- Plea to send Doncaster schoolboy, who cannot talk, struggles to walk, and has lack of vision in one eye, to Disney World
21 things you might not know about Disney's Mickey Mouse on his 90th birthday have 297 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 9, 2018. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.