LOS ANGELES — NBC says that Michael Che and Colin Jost of “Saturday Night Live” will co-host this year’s Emmy Awards, to air on Sept. 17.
Che and Jost anchor the “Weekend Update” segment of “Saturday Night Live” and are head writers on the long-running sketch show.
The Emmy ceremony rotates among the major broadcast networks, allowing them to use the host’s job to highlight a show or performers. “SNL” has enjoyed a ratings resurgence with its sharp-edged jabs at President Trump and his administration. The last current “SNL” cast member to serve as host was Eddie Murphy in 1983.
- Saturday Night Live: Gwyneth Paltrow pokes fun at her Goop wellness empire in cameo as a hilariously unprepared employee
- NFL reportedly eyeing former Dolphins head coach to oversee Colin Kaepernick's workout
- Kenan Thompson Better Get Nominated for an Emmy or, Sorry, the Award Is Canceled Forever
- Emmys 2017: The First Great Anti-Trump Awards Show
- The Three Michael O’Donoghue Books You Should Read Before You Die
- Emmy Awards 2019: Kelly Osbourne, 34, oozes glamour in a cut away gown while mum Sharon, 66, shows off the results of her FOURTH facelift
- Emmy Awards 2019: Jameela Jamil recovers from 'severe gastritis' to hit the red carpet in a dazzling turquoise gown hours after needing an IV DRIP
- Insecure star Issa Rae beams with confidence in blue jumpsuit with plunging neckline at Emmy Awards
- 2018 Emmy Awards winners: The night of ‘Mrs. Maisel’ and diversity
- 'Mom, you taught me to be a badass!' Elisabeth Moss named Outstanding Actress for The Handmaid's Tale at the Emmys
- 'I want to thank my unborn son': Atlanta's Donald Glover reveals he has a second child on the way as he wins his first-ever Emmy Award
- Golden Globes 2019: Stars go wild after night of surprises
- Kathy Griffin blames 'SNL' creator Lorne Michaels for not helping her after Trump photo controversy
- SNL Creator Lorne Michaels Sends Pete Davidson Away To Get Help Following Suicide Scare
- Newly-single Heidi Klum, 44, shows ex Vito Schnabel, 31, what he's missing as she flashes her cleavage in a plunging red gown at the Emmys
- James Bond: Rami Malek and Fleabag writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge revealed for next 007 film
- Lineker has Shearer and Wright in fits of laughter as he brands Liverpool v Newcastle the ‘Michael Owen derby’ on Match of the Day
- With his anthem protests, Colin Kaepernick finds meaning in the meaningless
- Man And The Machine: My Terrifying Semester With Bitter, Brilliant George Michael
- The stories of our lives
‘Saturday Night Live’ head writers Michael Che, Colin Jost tapped to emcee Emmys have 470 words, post on www.pressherald.com at April 25, 2018. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.