8 Years After Deepwater Horizon Explosion, Is Another Disaster Waiting To Happen? Listen · 4:18 4:18 Toggle more options Download Embed Embed <iframe src=”https://www.npr.org/player/embed/603669896/604241558″ width=”100%” height=”290″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” title=”NPR embedded audio player”> Facebook Twitter Flipboard Email Enlarge this image West Delta 105 E is an oil-producing platform located a dozen miles off the Louisiana coast in the Gulf of Mexico. A 2014 explosion on the lower deck killed Jerrel “Bubba” Hancock. Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement hide caption toggle caption Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement West Delta 105 E is an oil-producing platform located a dozen miles off the Louisiana coast in the Gulf of Mexico. A 2014 explosion on the lower deck killed Jerrel “Bubba” Hancock. Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement Within seconds, a bright, white flash erupted on the lower deck of West Delta 105 E, an oil-production platform positioned a dozen miles off the Louisiana coast. Disoriented, one crew member found himself 10 feet away from where he had been working before he blacked out. Another likened the impact to a sledgehammer blow to his head. A third told investigators he felt like he’d been hit by an 18-wheeler, his hard hat, glasses and… Read full this story
- Scammer who caused shop explosion which injured 81 people jailed
- Coronation Street Christmas SPOILER: Cast 'scream with terror as they film EXPLOSIVE late night scenes at a festive winter fair'
- RICHARD PENDLEBURY: Five-year-old Jumar's wounds from suspected white phosphorous chemical weapons mark a despicable low in a new Syrian conflagration sparked by Donald Trump's retreat
- Murder with Rosie: Lost recordings of writer Laurie Lee reveal what REALLY happened the night a man was killed in his village - a scene he included in one of his much-loved books
- Ask Dr. Nandi: New Drug on the Horizon for Flu's Ills?
- More than 1m families waiting for social housing in England
- Iraq defeated ISIS more than a year ago. The group's revival is already underway
- Residents learn emergency preparedness in light of OEV gas explosion
- 'A slow-motion catastrophe': on the road in Venezuela, 20 years after Chávez's rise
- Scientists predict Maine’s lobster boom will end within 5 years
8 Years After Deepwater Horizon Explosion, Is Another Disaster Waiting To Happen? have 352 words, post on www.npr.org at April 20, 2018. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.