First-time pet owners often face a design dilemma when they bring their new, four-legged pals home. Integrating pets’ ‘stuff’ into our immaculate, thoughtfully decorated homes is certainly a challenge, but it’s not impossible. Explore the following supplies to prevent pets from taking over your space and style.
1. Designer Pet Beds
Design enthusiasts might cringe at the sight of pet pillows plopped on the living room floor. Believe it or not, with a little Internet digging you can find pet furniture that’s in line with your existing decor scheme. This midcentury modern cat house is cozy and ultra contemporary. Place a pot of catnip on top with a decoration or two for a kitty haven that looks as good as it feels.
If you have a strict no-pets-on-the-sofa rule, this is the perfect piece for you. This Victorian-inspired pet sofa is rich in detail and made of real mahogany wood. Pamper your pet and move this petite couch to a sun-warmed corner or toward the TV. Your small dog or cat will love lounging here.
2. Decorative Storage
Tripping over balls and stepping on bones can be frustrating and sometimes even painful. Corral all of your pets’ toys into one dedicated bin. Owners enjoy a simple toss-and-go cleanup and animals lap up the easy access to their favorite toys; it’s a win-win.
As cute as the kibble mascots are, a huge bag of dog food sitting out in the open is nothing short of an eyesore. Conceal chow in a decorative canister like so. Black and white steel goes with every color scheme. The sweet notes in French, “Bon Chien” and “Bon Appetit”, are elegant touches that soften the bold “Dog Food” label. Keep it right next to your pet’s bowls for a streamlined food station.
A cookie jar is always a welcome addition to a bare countertop. This treat jar is etched with an adorable French bulldog in a sweater and the phrase, “Dogs are the new kids”. A great gift for empty nesters!
3. Pet Tech
Feed and Go is a smart pet feeder that connects to your home’s WiFi. Create an automated feeding schedule, receive notifications when your pet has been fed and watch your pet from a built-in webcam all through a single smartphone app. Feed and Go includes six food compartments for proportions that are catered to your pet’s needs. This is a smart solution for working pet owners allowing you to stay connected with your pets while you’re away.
Finally, a litter box you don’t have to clean. The CatGenie works like a human toilet. After a one-time installation to plumbing and electricity, it automatically scoops and flushes waste completely out of the home.
Our furry friends would not be the same cuddly creatures without their hair, but none of us enjoy finding dander here, there and everywhere. This small, but mighty vacuum by Black & Decker is specifically designed for picking up pet hair. The cordless, handheld design is convenient for quick cleanup and easy storage.
Related: What are the best floor types for pets? Learn what laminate flooring is and all of its Fido-friendly benefits.
Bring it on shedding season. This Vac-n-Groom tool attaches straight to your vacuum and can be used as a grooming brush for cats and dogs. The flexible bristles are gentle enough for even short-haired, sensitive pets.
4. Convertible Gates
There are occasions, like parties and cleaning day, when we need to contain our pets for awhile. If you don’t have a fenced-in yard or a spare room, you’ll get a ton of use out of this convertible pet gate. Your pet will also appreciate this alternative to the dreadful crate. This six-panel gate can be used to block a doorway or as a closed pen. Owners can move in and out through the lockable door and the gate fold into the size of a single panel for simple storage.
- Smart doggie 'garage door' nabs 'Innovation Award' at CES for replacing the traditional flap and letting users know when their pet goes outside via an app
- Graphic Designs presenter Kevin McCloud's biggest pet peeve with Channel 4 show
- Coolest Gifts for Cat and Dog Lovers This Year
- 7 ways the circular economy will grow in 2021
- Inside cruel tiger trade where cats are chained in tiny cages & butchered to make wine – and it’s worse than Tiger King
- The best mileage apps for small businesses in 2021
- 10 Tesco secrets revealed including its Aldi price match and the best time to shop
- Pandemic's robot 'heroes' highlight their value at tech show
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson blames Chinese for coronavirus pandemic telling world leaders it was triggered by 'demented' people who 'grind up the scales of a pangolin' in bid to become more 'potent'
- Diablo 3's new Necromancer class is broken as hell and I love it (even if my friends don't)
- Inside grisly crimes of forgotten serial killer Patrick Mackay who butchered priest & could soon be back on streets
- Everything TCL has announced at CES 2021 so far
- Digital Trends Top Tech of CES 2021 Awards
- How companies used CES 2021 to show off wild new health tech for a Covid world
- Best Samsung Galaxy S21 Accessories 2021
- The 9 things Amazon Echo can do that Google Home can’t
- Finance minister's Budget Speech
- UK drugs watchdog is waiting for Pfizer to send over full results on breakthrough Covid vaccine so it can be approved for December roll-out after trial shows it's safe, 95% effective and works in vulnerable older people
- Best Moto G Power (2021) Screen Protectors 2021
- Best Moto G Power Screen Protectors 2021
4 Ways to Make Owning a Pet Easier have 1015 words, post on tucson.com at April 14, 2018. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.