Star Wars is returning to our screens pretty soon – no, not The Last Jedi – we’re talking about Battlefront II.
One of the most anticipated sequels in history is nearly here and looks to be packed with everything the first game lacked – here’s all you need to know.
The beta was on between Wednesday 4 October and Monday 9.
It included four modes from the final game and if you took part you will be granted a special emote for Darth Maul when the game is released.
The modes were: Galactic Assault (a 20v20 infantry battle in Naboo), Starfighter Assault (classic X-Wing vs TIE Fighter battles), Strike (8v8 close quarters combat) and Arcade (vs AI missions).
Lots of gamers have been complaining about the lack of squad functions and the star card levelling system, but otherwise it has been exceptionally well received.
Two years after EA rebooted Star Wars Battlefront on PS4 and Xbox One, Star Wars Battlefront II is set to build on the first game’s multiplayer with a seriously robust class system and more maps than ever before.
It will also be bringing a much desired single-player campaign which looks to bridge the gap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.
It’s a first person shooter set in the Star Wars universe and Disney have worked with EA to create a game filled with unbelievable detail and accuracy.
Whilst the first game was set purely during the Original Trilogy period, the sequel will span all three Star Wars eras which pretty makes it one of the most desired games in the world right now.
Star Wars Battlefront II will be making its way to the PS4, Xbox One and PC on Friday, November 17, 2017.
However, if you pre-order the Deluxe version, you can get your hands on it on November 14, 3 days early!
This is just less than a month ahead of the release of the eighth Star Wars film, The Last Jedi, which is released on December 15.
It is expected that new content will be arriving to Star Wars Battlefront II to coincide with the film release, not least because they did the same thing with the first game and the release of The Force Awakens including costumes and potentially new heroes.
One of the most eagerly awaiting additions to the FPS series is the single-player campaign.
It will follow Iden Versio, an elite Imperial officer who sets out to get revenge for the death of the Emperor and takes place sometime between Return Of The Jedi and The Force Awakens.
The game’s story has been developed in collaboration with Lucasfilm’s Story Group and it has been announced that it will be considered canon within the larger Star Wars universe.
The latest trailer revealed that Battlefront 2 is a much bigger game than it’s predecessor.
The John Boyega sponsored spot mentions that the game will feature more than three times the number of locations than the first game did as well as the number of vehicles (both on land and in space).
John Boyega has also revealed that Finn and Captain Phasma would be released as part of the free DLC related to The Last Jedi release.
Whilst the first Battlefront game was built for everyone, it also watered down the depth and customisability that gamers have come to expect from AAA releases. With Battlefront II it appears that this is no longer the case.
There will be a fully-fleshed class system including, snipers, officers, assaults and heavy soldiers. As you progress through the game you will be able to customise these characters with an in-depth loudout system.
As the game will take place across the eras it may be a little jarring to see Rey on Naboo, but it ought to work just fine seeing as the main campaign is there to keep the continuity in check.
DLC for Star Wars Battlefront II will be free, a complete change of pace considering the season pass model used in the previous game and most other games out there.
Not suprisingly, the first DLC pack will revolve around The Last Jedi bring two new playable heroes, Finn and Captain Phasma, and the new planet of Crait.
Microtransactions are expected to feature in the game and will enable you to buy packs to upgrade your in-game characters.
- 'Star Wars Battlefront II' Drops Paid Loot Boxes for Good | Digital Trends
- Battlefield 5 Pacific Release Date Update: PS4, Xbox, PC release times and 5.0 patch notes
- Resident Evil Village Release Date, Gameplay, System Requirements, Pre-Order Bonuses, More
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order’s 2020 success proves single-player is here to stay
- Call of Duty Cold War is FREE right now on PS5, PS4, Xbox and PC – how to claim it
- FIFA 21 reveal trailer release date confirmed
- Battlefield 5 Update 5.2 Patch Notes Today as PS4, Xbox and PC wait on Wake Island map
- Cold War patch notes for Call of Duty update 1.20 before Season 4 Reloaded release date
- What We Do In The Shadows season 3 release date: Will there be another series?
- Horizon Forbidden West: Release Date, Trailer, Gameplay | Digital Trends
- Skate 4: Release Date, Trailer, News, and More | Digital Trends
- Fortnite Season 6 release date, live event, Battle Pass rewards, cinematic trailer, Neymar
- Resident Evil Village Gets Release Date and Demo | Digital Trends
- Battlefield 6 and Dragon Age 4 release date is not until after April 2022
- Lost in Random release date and gameplay revealed
- Back 4 Blood Preorder Guide: Beta Access, Release Date, And Editions Detailed
- Halo Infinite Multiplayer Beta Test Will Be Detailed This Month
- Dune trailer 'LEAK': First look at trailer gives glimpse of NEW character
- PS Plus July 2020: True price of free PS4 games revealed ahead of new PlayStation announcement
- Call of Duty Cold War update TODAY: 1.17 mid-season patch notes and Warzone countdown
When is Star Wars: Battlefront 2 coming out? UK release date, beta, trailer, multiplayer and campaign details for the PS4, Xbox and PC have 961 words, post on www.thesun.ie at November 1, 2017. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.