Vice Chairman of Ha Noi People’s Committee, Mr. Nguyen Quoc Hung meets Mr. Franz Drees-Gross Director of Global Transport and IT Department and Sustainable Program Coordinator.
With funding and experience support from the World Bank, Hanoi has piloted the BRT project by the end of December 2016. Attending the meeting, the director of Hanoi Department of Transport, Mr. Vu Van Vien affirmed that after 9 months of operation, BRT service has served a large number of passengers with initial success.
Specifically, representatives from the BRT Bus Operation Center said that from late 2016 until now, the bus service has transported total 3.6 million passengers and 90,000 buses, equivalent to 13,000 passengers per day.
Vice Chairman of Hanoi’s People Committee and the delegation of experts, leaders from World Bank
Recognizing the reports and presentation in the meeting, Vice Chairman of Hanoi People’s Committee confirmed that urban transport projects in general and the BRT bus in particular is aimed at improving the people’s life quality. The City government will continue to take advice from foreign experts as well as the community to improve the operating and management method for better service.
Excited by the BRT pilot implementation success, Mr. Franz Drees-Gross asserted that BRT has been adopted by many countries, resulting in long-term benefits of transport and planning for these cities. He wished this model will be effective in Hanoi. In that process, the WB is ready to continue exchanging experience and financially supporting for the Capital.
Through discussions with city leaders, the WB affirmed that they are working closely to optimize the efficiency of BRT buses as well as assess the effectiveness of Hanoi traffic system. At the same time, it will be a bridge for Hanoi to exchange development experiences with the cities in South East Asia.
Appreciating that support, Mr. Nguyen Quoc Hung said that he would report these proposals to the chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee, Mr. Nguyen Duc Chung for further coordination and implementation. Vice Chairman of Hanoi People’s Committee expressed his wish that the organization will continue to actively support projects in the city, contributing to the development of Hanoi capital.
- World Bank donates $12 billion for coronavirus
- World Bank says Thai poverty rate increases, farm income slides
- Vietnam collaborates with the world to support start-ups and innovation
- World Bank approves 239 mln USD for water supply, sanitation project in Uzbekistan
- Unleash economic power of women and watch the world grow
- Banks cut savings rates to ensure lower-interest loans amid Covid-19 epidemic
- Hunt for Israelis who killed Eritrean man falsely implicated in bus attack
- Cyprus: holiday suntrap of sea, sun, sand, food banks and desperation
- Britain is ruled by the banks, for the banks
- Putin and Xi are using the coronavirus crisis to extend their control. Across the world, Trump struggles to keep up
- Fed slashes rates, central banks pull out stops to cushion coronavirus blow
- British Telecom launches cyber security advisory services practice
- UAE cancels events, flights as central bank announces coronavirus fiscal plan
- Lebanon's banks ready to talk on sovereign debt overhaul - source
- Telangana: Elevated BRTS to be introduced between JNTU and Hitec City
- Vietnam Eyes Rapid Buses as Tech Shakes Up World's Public Transit
- Boy killed in school bus symptomatic of social apathy to child protection
- Industry expresses optimism as SC lifts ban on cryptocurrency trading in India
- Banks cut savings rates to ensure lower-interest loans
- From business rates to slashing VAT: ALEX BRUMMER on the 10 ways the Chancellor must support businesses with his coronavirus outbreak budget
World Bank supports Hanoi to optimize the BRT bus service have 602 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at October 3, 2017. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.