Warning: Huge, enormous spoilers if you have not seen the “Game of Thrones” season seven finale. Seriously, very big spoilers.
In the final scene of the epic, nearly 90-minute-long “Game of Thrones” season finale, we finally see what has become of Viserion.
The Night King killed Viserion in last week’s episode of “Game of Thrones” and turned the dragon into a White Walker or wight.
In the finale, we got a look at how the Night King has begun to use Viserion as a weapon. The Night King rode on Viserion’s back to the Wall, where Viserion proceeded to breathe blue fire upon it, eventually melting and toppling it – allowing the army of White Walkers and wights to cross the barrier that has kept them out of Westeros for centuries.
But some “Game of Thrones” fans, it seems, are a bit confused about what Viserion is after his reanimation and have been referring to him as an “ice dragon.”
But contrary to what fans might believe, Viserion isn’t an ice dragon.
The confusion makes sense. The blue flames coming out of Viserion’s mouth could easily be confused with ice, but these aren’t ice flames – they’re just blue flames.
George R.R. Martin has previously said ice dragons are a completely different species, unlike the “common dragons” that we’ve come to know on the show.
Here’s what Martin had to say about ice dragons in “A World of Ice and Fire”:
“These colossal beasts, many times larger than the dragons of Valyria, are said to be made of living ice, with eyes of pale blue crystal and vast translucent wings through which the moon and stars can be glimpsed as they wheel across the sky.
“Whereas common dragons (if any dragon can truly be said to be common) breathe flame, ice dragons supposedly breathe cold, a chill so terrible that it can freeze a man solid in half a heartbeat … As ice dragons supposedly melt when slain, no actual proof of their existence has ever been found.”
So it’s important to note that turning Viserion into a White Walker or wight dragon did not, in fact, change the type of dragon he is, despite the icy color of his flames. Viserion is now merely an undead dragon with blue pigmentation that mirrors that of an ice dragon.
- Seven bold predictions for Sunday’s ‘Game of Thrones’ season finale
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Series Finale: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Promises Us ‘All the Pieces Fit’ in the End
- MW at 20: The 20 biggest Mountain West football games this season
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 boasts more fiery dragon scenes and Jaime Lannister's 'biggest fight scene'
- ‘Game of Thrones’ season premiere recap: The Red Lady reveals a weakness that could be critical for one popular character
- SNOW RESOLUTION: Jon Snow is still dead in "Game of Thrones" season 6 opener
- SEE IT: 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 trailer released — features all houses prepping for war
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 6, Episode 3 recap: Flashback may offer clues about Jon Snow’s mother
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 premiere shatters viewership records
- ‘Game of Thrones’ season 7 delayed as showrunners wait for winter to come
- Hackers leak spoilers for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 finale
- Rangers top Red Wings, 3-2, in regular-season finale, remain confident even if they have to face Pittsburgh in first round
- Breanna Stewart breaks Storm scoring record in regular-season finale
- Gore, Vinatieri won't use season finale as retirement party
- Titans' DeMarco Murray 'day-to-day' with knee injury, could miss season finale vs Jaguars
- Rams could rest starters in season finale against 49ers
- Memphis football vs. ECU preview: 3 keys to the Tigers' regular-season finale
- Titans expect Jaguars' best shot in regular season finale, despite playoff situation
- Nets bench players, help Bulls clinch playoff spot in final game of season
- Jaguars 'all in' on winning regular-season finale at Titans
What you need to know about the ‘ice dragon’ in the ‘Game of Thrones’ season finale have 628 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at August 27, 2017. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.