Today, Microsoft unveils Surface Plus – a new payment plan program for purchasers of the Microsoft Surface line of laptops and desktop PCs.
The gist of the program is that, when you buy any Surface, you’ll have the option to enroll in a 24-month repayment plan at 0% interest. Every 18 months, you’ll have the option to trade in your Surface for the latest and greatest model. Microsoft is hyping the plan as perfect for back-to-school PC buyers.
You can enroll in Surface Plus from Microsoft’s online store, or at the physical Microsoft Stores. As an added benefit, Surface Plus will also get you a 30-day, no-questions-asked return policy on your Surface, as well as a year of free in-store technical support.
It’s very similar to the iPhone Upgrade Program, which Apple has been operating since 2015. It’s also much like AT&T Next or any number of other carrier-specific smartphone upgrade schemes.
Notably, Microsoft is also extending the Surface Plus program into businesses: In addition to the Surface laptops and desktops, business customers will also have the option to finance the Surface Hub 55-inch conference room mega-tablet. For an extra $8.25 per device per month, Surface Plus business buyers will also get the Office 365 suite.
Microsoft’s Surface laptops are extremely choice, but they also carry a premium. With PC competition so fierce, Microsoft is getting creative in ways to make the Surface more affordable – and to make students and individual buyers pause before buying a new Apple Mac.
- Apple adds touch screen keys to MacBook Pro, price jump startles some
- Microsoft to put Salesforce apps into Windows-run devices
- Microsoft debuts Vista in global marketing blitz
- Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'
- ‘I hold high expectations for young people’s start-up spirit’
- Nhandan Newspaper - 'I hold high expectations for young people’s start-up spirit'
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 16/1
- Vietnam’s very own Silicon Valley
- Google unveils latest Nexus phones, tablet
- Software exports achieved, FPT sets sights on bigger goals - VnExpress International
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 17/3
- 2014: the year of mobile games
- Social News 1/3
- Cloud computing’s likely leap in 2019
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 15/8
- Computer viruses cause record loss of 637 million USD
- Computer viruses cause record loss of US$637 million
- Computer viruses cause record loss of $637 million for VN
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 20/1
- Vietnamese excuses: Five things at once
Microsoft is borrowing an idea from Apple to get more people on its Surface PCs have 412 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at August 1, 2017. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.