THE highly anticipated trailer to Star Wars: The Last Jedi has just been released today.
It was released moments ago at the Stars Wars Celebration convention currently taking place in Orlando.
The Last Jedi panel started at 4pm Irish time (11am in the US) and the trailer was shown at 5pm.
A tribute to the late Carrie Fisher was played at the convention with messages from George Lucas, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, and Fisher’s daughter Billie Lourd.
So far, very little is known about the overall plot – all we knew for sure is that it follows on straight after The Force Awakens, and will feature a new planet.
Early in March a teaser trailer was released at Disney’s annual shareholders meeting in Denver and though descriptions of the trailer have been released, the trailer itself remains under wraps.
A Los Angeles Times reporter, Daniel Miller, revealed that the opening scene will indeed begin at the culmination of Episode 7, with Luke Skywalker stood opposite Rey.
Although Carrie Fisher passed away in December 2016, she will appear in the iconic role of Princess Leia in the The Last Jedi, as filming wrapped several months before she passed away aged 60.
Leia is thought to be a key character in the new film, and it has even been announced that she will star in the final Star Wars film. Her brother Todd Fisher recently revealed unseen footage will be used for her return in Episode IX in 2019.
Along with Fisher, firm favourites from The Force Awakens will also return.
This included John Boyega and Daisy Ridley as heroic duo Finn and Rey and Mark Hamill will play the iconic Luke Skywalker for the fifth time.
The impressive cast continues with Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson, Andy Serkis and Lupita Nyong’o as well as Warwick Davis, Benicio del Toro and Laura Dern.
Like the final scene in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, some filming for The Last Jedi took place in Ireland at Skellig Michael which is expected to feature in the trailer.
Initially, Star Wars: Episode 8 had a planned release of May 26th 2017.
However, in January 2016, LucasFilms announced that the official release date had been pushed back to December 15th 2017.
You can watch a recording of the trailer debut at Star Wars Celebration in the video below.
- New trailers: Lovecraft Country, Perry Mason, Jedi Temple Challenge, and more
- Star Wars: Squadrons Pre-Order Bonus, Price, And Release Date Details
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order director discusses Metroidvania elements not seen in the E3 demo
- Dil Bechara Trailer: Netizens Praise The Late Actor Sushant Singh Rajput And His Immense Talent
- Star Wars the Force Awakens review roundup - it really is a New Hope
- Armaan Malik postpones release of new song 'Zara Thehro' for Sushant Singh Rajput's 'Dil Bechara' trailer
- Star Wars: Rogue One - Darth Vader is back and other things we learned from the behind the scenes video
- Newest Lego Star Wars Sets Include Bonuses For Skywalker Saga Game
- Pilot iconic starfighters in VR with EA's Star Wars: Squadrons
- Star Wars: The High Republic series delayed
- SEVEN rising stars to watch out for in 2017, from Sinead Harnett to Gloria Adereti and Hannah John-Kamen
- Non-binary star Sam Smith admits they will be 'misgendered to the day I die'
- Star Wars' John Boyega furiously tells any fans of his who are racist to 'f**k off' as he defends 'I f**king hate racists' tweet following the tragic death of George Floyd
- 'I ain’t waiting': John Boyega shows movie stars what political engagement looks like
- Rick and Morty: How to watch the upcoming season 4 finale
- From ‘Hamilton’ to ‘Irresistible,’ Here Are the Best New Releases to Stream Online Right Now
- Simon Cowell breaks silence over wrongfully jailed America's Got Talent star
- Star Wars: Squadrons Has A Space Combat Campaign And Multiplayer With No Microtransactions
- Lego Star Wars: Skywalker Saga Pre-Order Deal, Exclusive Steelbook, And More
- Mandalorian Season 2 Casts Star Wars Clone Wars Actor Katee Sackhoff For Live-Action Role - Report
Watch Star Wars The Last Jedi trailer here moments after it was released at Star Wars Celebration today have 649 words, post on www.thesun.ie at April 14, 2017. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.