Today is International Women’s Day, and much like how Netflix responded to Donald Trump’s inauguration with a teaser for its own evil president show, Hulu has now released a trailer for its misogynistic dystopia show. Oh sure, nothing in this teaser for The Handmaid’s Tale overtly says “think about this while you’re fighting for women’s rights,” but there is a quick glimpse of people fearfully fleeing from a feminist rally of some kind, and that’s pretty creepy all on its own in today’s political climate. The show is based on Margaret Atwood’s 1985 book of the same name, and it’s about a totalitarian government that overthrows the United States and institutes a series of aggressively misogynistic policies that attempt to strip women of any agency they may have in the name of consolidating power. The series stars Elisabeth Moss, and it will be available to stream on Hulu on April 26. Advertisement
- PS4 Update 5.56: Sony release new system upgrade
- Police release new CCTV footage of murdered schoolgirl Lucy McHugh
- Police release new pictures of missing man whose car was found outside pub
- Who is Alan Carr, who’s the Chatty Man’s husband and what’s the Play Your Cards Right host’s net worth?
- Sir Cliff Richard releases new album based on 'bad period' after BBC court ordeal
- How old is Elton John, who is his husband David Furnish and is he releasing new music?
- Your legal rights if there's a burglar in your home
- Cliff Richard releasing new album after privacy spat
- Police release new statement as two die in tragic plane crash
- Makers of Royal Baby shawl release new scarves inspired by Nottingham car park
You’re damn right Hulu released a new have 278 words, post on tv.avclub.com at March 8, 2017. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.