You’re watching a movie. A criminal is trying to evade a crime scene in a sports car on the highway. A helicopter is following the car from above. The car enters a tunnel with multiple exits and the helicopter loses track of the car.A VPN works just like the tunnel in this movie scene — it connects different roads and turns them into one, and a helicopter can’t see what’s happening inside the tunnel. I’m sure many people around you have recommended you a VPN service. They usually tell you that a VPN is great, it lets you watch geo-blocked content, avoid the Great Firewall of China or browse the internet securely. VPNs are great, sometimes. But using a VPN can be as dangerous as not using one if you don’t know what you’re doing. What the hell is a VPN? If you have multiple computers, phones and tablets at home, you are using a local area network. These devices are all connected to the same Wi-Fi network and you can even transfer photos or movies from one computer to another without using the internet. Local area networks are private networks by design. A VPN is a virtual private network…. Read full this story
- This fascinating look at a NordVPN server shows just how complicated VPNs actually are
- Google’s BeyondCorp Remote Access aims to reduce dependence on VPNs for remote working
- The best VPN service for 2020
- Should I run a VPN on my Android phone?
- Malwarebytes steps into the VPN space with WireGuard-based service
- If you loved 'Tiger King,' here's more WTF (Watch The Fascinating) content for you
- The Best VPN Service For Streaming Region-Locked TV Shows And Movies (April 2020)
- DHS CISA: Companies are getting hacked even after patching Pulse Secure VPNs
- With everyone working from home, VPN security is now paramount
- Missy Elliott, Pharrell Spin Heads in Wild, Futuristic ‘WTF’ Video
WTF is a VPN? have 326 words, post on techcrunch.com at January 1, 2017. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.