Malaysia celebrated its 59th year of independence a few days ago, and national carmaker Perodua joined in on the celebrations by having its own mini parade the day before it took part in the actual National Day parade in Dataran Merdeka on the big day – August 31. The two-day celebration started on August 30, with a 22-car parade at the company’s headquarters in Sungai Choh, Rawang. Present at the mini parade was the company’s president and CEO, Datuk Aminar Rashid Salleh, and about 300 staffs, who joined in to chant the word merdeka three times. The parade comprised all 11 models produced by the company since it was founded in 1993. This includes the Kancil, Rusa, Kembara, Kenari, Kelisa, Myvi, Viva, Nautica, Alza, Axia and Bezza. The latter is the company’s first-ever sedan, which has received overwhelming response since it was launched back in July. A pair of Bezzas was also present at Dataran Merdeka the day after, welcoming the cheers of the crowd. Of course, the Bezza isn’t the only model that has been well-received by Malaysians. The Myvi, which has been on sale for more than a decade, has seen more than 850,000 units (as of end-April… Read full this story
- Chicago Chinatown celebrates China's National Day with parade
- Chicago Chinese community holds gala to celebrate China's National Day
- Prince Albert and Princess Charlene’s twins steal the show on Monaco’s National Day
- Hanoi greets more than 270,000 visitors during National Day holidays
- Queen Letizia and King Felipe at Spain's National Day parade
- Foreign journalists visit National Day exhibition
- What to watch: 10 films for National Day holiday
- China's National Day and Mid-Autumn festival celebrated in Fiji
- Flag-raising ceremony held at Tian'anmen Square to celebrate National Day
- 'I hope that this is the last Australia Day': Actress Bonnie Sveen calls for a 'new national Day' that is inclusive of Indigenous Australians and apologises for 'unimaginable trauma' caused by 'my ancestors'
Perodua celebrates Malaysia’s 59th National Day have 310 words, post on paultan.org at September 2, 2016. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.