Exaggerated shoulders, mini skirts, metallic ruffles and sheer black pantyhose might sound like a scene from a 1980s prom, but according to Saint Laurent its the future. SEE ALSO: You don’t have to be intimidated by Paris Fashion Week On Monday the French fashion label took cues from Madonna’s glory days. Saint Laurent presented its fall 2016 collection during Paris fashion week. The brand’s creative director, Hedi Slimane, was responsible for changing the label’s name from YSL to Saint Laurent when he took the role in 2012. He has been credited with reviving the fashion house by infusing grungy cool-kid sex appeal, which is why this runway show’s over-the-top aesthetic came as a surprise. While the heavy ’80s influence seen in the collection (which is rumored to be his last) is nothing new — we saw it at Balmain and J.W. Anderson ‘s fall 2015 shows — this season Slimane took the theme to the next level, styling the overly dramatic looks with slicked back hair and bold red lips. It wasn’t just inspired by the ’80s. It was a head to toe flashback. One-shouldered mini dresses were paired with oversized belts and pink Barbie-esque pumps. Even the fur coats had… Read full this story
- Duchess Meghan returning to work
- 'Queer girl with a nose ring' rocks the Proms
- 'Abikrieg' in Cologne: German students draw blood during 'prom-wars'
- Student Model Avoids Fashion Week And Other Industry Practices
- Adidas Leads 80s Retro Wave
- Chef John DeLucie returns to roots with massive Brooklyn eatery
- Welcome to Twin Peaks: a much-awaited return
- Dreamy, confident shows mark London Fashion Week
- Giving up my filthy fashion habit
- Lancaster kicks off 100th season in triumphant fashion
How rude! '80s prom fashion has officially returned have 273 words, post on mashable.com at March 8, 2016. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.