As we've previously reported at Breitbart Tech, social justice warriors are currently engaged in an ongoing effort to spread their ideology in the open source community, a pillar of meritocracy and innovation that underpins many of the everyday tech products we take for granted. Their current strategy involves the imposition of so-called "codes of conduct" on the multitude of hacking communities that make up the world of open source. Modelled on the "safe spaces" of university campuses, these politically correct guidelines allow for the excusion of coders who make SJWs "feel unsafe." Needless to say, it doesn't matter how talented the coders are – if they offend an SJW, they're gone. Their latest attempt is in the community of Ruby, one of the most popular programming languages. Earlier this week, Coraline Ada Ehmke, a self-described "intersectional technologist, transgender feminist, and code witch" and creator of the SJW-backed Contributor Code on GitHub made a post calling for its implementation in the Ruby community. Here's an excerpt: Our community prides itself on niceness. What a code of conduct does is define what we mean by nice. It states clearly that we value openness, courtesy, and compassion. That we care about and want contributions from… Read full this story
- Sean Strub: Sex, AIDS, Politics and Survival
- READ: Trump's executive order targeting social media companies
- Labour’s amendment on antisemitism should reassure Jewish supporters
- For years, the Tories have banked on impunity. Is their luck finally running out?
- Facebook co-founder: Time to break up Facebook
- BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump says he would 'SHUT DOWN' Twitter if he could as he signs executive order against 'anti-conservative bias' on social media and claims it is 'a threat to freedom itself' – but won't delete his account
- Google, Facebook and Twitter face bias reckoning: Donald Trump will sign executive order threatening to investigate and CLOSE web giants he claims are censoring conservatives in wake of Twitter fact-check row
- Donald Trump's WHO Letter About China Explained: An Annotated Timeline
- Coronavirus latest: Trump-endorsed hydroxychloroquine increases chances of death
- CODEVILLA: I Helped Write FISA. Let’s Destroy It
Hackers in Revolt After SJWs Attempt to Impose Politically Correct ‘Code of Conduct’ on Ruby Community have 354 words, post on www.breitbart.com at January 25, 2016. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.