The world has gone digital. Music is now digital, and books are trending toward eBooks. GPS devices are disappearing—owing to the smartphone; newspapers are now “old news”; and smartphones are now cameras. Businesses and societies on a whole are interacting in ways never before imagined. This hyperconnectivity is reinventing the world economy, leading to a new Digital Economy. This new economy is more collaborative, intelligent, responsive, and efficient with dramatic increases in productivity and value for those ready to embrace it. With a shift as fundamental as this, organizations must remain agile and innovative to remain relevant. Specifically, what does this mean to the CFO? To better understand how CFOs are managing their ever-expanding horizons and challenges they will face in the years ahead, CFO Research, in collaboration with SAP, recently conducted a global survey of 331 senior finance executives at companies with more than US$500 million in revenue in 2013. These finance executives, representing a broad range of industries, were based in Asia/Australia, Europe, Latin America, and North America and reported interesting new scenarios highlighting how CFOs could drive profitable growth through better planning and predictive analysis with Big Data Analytics and Finance’s new role in driving growth and… Read full this story
- 'The digital economy could be part of the solution'
- High-tech memo to Europe: innovate or stagnate in the digital economy
- What is the UK’s Digital Economy Bill and how could tough new online porn restrictions affect you?
- Europe struggles to redefine its role in UNESCO
- Cologne public library redefines its role through new refugee project
- Germany's Social Democratic Party Struggles to Redefine its Role
- Brussels presents package to reform digital economy
- Vietnam, Indonesia lead ASEAN in internet economy growth
- RDW Group Names Farrell Director of Digital Marketing
- Trump Will Be Reelected in 2020, Majority of Surveyed CFOs Say
Digital economy redefining CFO roles have 307 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at October 3, 2015. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.