After her adult charity event with Able Gamers got shut down I reached out to Mercedes Carrera to give her side of the story. A former STEM engineer, current adult film actress and outspoken GamerGate advocate, TechRaptor speaks to Carrera about her experiences as a women in these industries. You have worked in both STEM and erotica, two industries which are associated with misogyny or patriarchy. What were your experiences in regards to that and your work? Why did you decide to change from one to the other? My experiences in STEM and “porn” all relate directly to the common denominator in all my experiences: me. Therefore, I do not experience the world as a victim but rather as an opportunity to learn and better myself. I have experienced my challenges and struggles as a part of life and particularly in STEM I never experienced “misogyny” or “patriarchy”. Many corporations are, nowadays especially, very female friendly due to the valiant efforts of first and second wave feminism. Additionally, particularly in engineering and technology, I worked in merit based environments. Now, that’s not to say I always succeeded in such environments, but my lack of success was directly related to my… Read full this story
- 'We reach any customer in India within four hours. This is a benchmark in the industry.'
- 'We have a user-oriented M-Tech programme for the auto sector.'
- 'We're working with many globally renowned institutes to tap lightweighting tech.'
- 'One of the big trends in the tyre industry, even at Michelin, is moving towards connected tyres.'
- 'Centre should lay policy and let industry decide the tech (for clean mobility).'
- Mercedes to Add 2017 E-class’s Safety, Cabin Tech to S-class
- ‘We can provide top-end solutions that can help Indian industry integrate with global manufacturing.’
- Survey Shows Sexism Is Still Alive in the Auto Industry
- Mercedes-Benz AMG Hammer
- Mercedes GLT: Merc chief on his new pick-up truck developed with Nissan
On Being a Woman in the Tech Industry – An Interview with Mercedes Carrera have 319 words, post on techraptor.net at January 28, 2015. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.