Australia’s export of live cattle to Vietnam soared nearly 9,000 percent during the 2011-2012 financial year, according to the Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA).
The latest statistics by the MLA showed that the number of cattle shipped to Vietnam has risen from 1,500 to a staggering 131,000 head of cattle over the past three years.
Chief executive officer of the Northern Territory Livestock Exporters Association Ben Hindle said Darwin alone exported 49,000 head of cattle to Vietnam during the reviewed period, up 200 percent year-on-year.
In its annual plan announced in January 2014, MLA forecast that exports to Vietnam will see a slight decline this year. However, the record high figure last year made Vietnam the second largest customer of the Northern Territory ‘s livestock industry.
Hindle said the Northern Territory government has played a crucial role in establishing Vietnam as a significant trading partner.
“They have been in Vietnam for a bit over two years with specialists providing technical advice to a lot of the supply chains,” he said./.
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- Vietnam, Japan target 60 billion USD in two-way trade by 2020
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- Aquaculture Vietnam 2019 kicks off in Can Tho
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- Fruit and vegetable exports plummet in nine months
- HCM City: Exports pick up 6 percent in eight months
- Vietnam targets to send 110,000 workers abroad
- Apple export from Kashmir dips by 1.35 lakh metric tonnes
- Vietnam IT outsourcing conference to be held in HCM City
- Vietnam says African swine fever outbreak slows, urges farmers to rebuild herds
- Vietnam, UAE seek to expand trade, investment links
- Annual exports forecast to grow 10-12 percent
- Credit slowdown causes concern about access to bank loans
- Pork supply to meet market demand by Tết festival
- Labour market adjusting to disruptive change
- FDI firms contribute ideas to promote growth in HCM City
- A Scotch Maker’s Challenge: First Brexit. Now Tariffs.
- Expo promotes mechanical engineering industry in the north
Australian cattle export to Vietnam up 9,000 percent have 308 words, post on at August 18, 2014. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.