Yahoo Sports is reporting on Tuesday that the Texas coaching search has led to inquiries being made about Louisville coach Charlie Strong.
This comes on the heels of an Orangebloods.com report that Texas athletic director Steve Patterson flew to an undisclosed location to interview Strong.
Still, it looks like Louisville won’t let Strong go without a fight:
Sources also told Yahoo Sports that the Cardinals will be proactive in trying to keep Strong if he is offered the Texas job. Louisville signed Strong to an eight-year contract extension in early 2013 after the coach was approached about the then-vacant job at Tennessee. That extension bumped his annual base salary up to $3.7 million
Strong recently led the Cardinals to a 12-1 season, tied for the best record in school history.
- Even Charlie Strong gets confused between Malcom Brown and Malcolm Brown
- Tom Herman explains Texas' lack of first-round talent
- Sponsor: Texas Children’s helps patients across region have healthier futures
- Texas receiver Hal Presley names top schools
- Texas, Ohio among many states to take steps toward reopening
- Charlie Weis says ‘it’s highly doubtful I will ever coach again’
- What's not bigger in Texas? Apartment space per resident in Houston.
- For ‘Fast and Furious’ cast, Walker’s memory remains strong
- Anonymous Donor Pays Grocery Bills at Four Kroger Stores in Louisville
- Charlie Weis out at Kansas
- How should investors, savers ride out the coronavirus storm? This is what Charlie Munger is doing
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Pelosi makes $1T state and local plea, Trump to resume travel
- Warren Buffett has $130 billion in cash. He's looking for a deal
- Texas has record spike in deaths on the eve of lifting lockdown as New Hampshire becomes latest state to announce gradual reopening over the next 10 days
- The U.S. is back on the move: Cell phone data shows how states are easing out of lockdown with Texas, which was first to reopen, seeing a 40% increase in driving and 10% more New Yorkers out for a walk
- Texas draft superlatives: Stellar 2020 NFL Draft for TXHSFB
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott Reveals Plans to Reopen Venues, Including Retail Stores, Restaurants and Malls, From May 1
- Report: NFL Considering Saturday Games if College Football Delays Season
- SUNDAY CONVERSATION: Rep. McCaul urges safe, responsible reopening of Texas
- Texas Sees Highest Single Day Jumps in Coronavirus Cases Since Outbreak Began Within Two Days of Reopening
Report: Texas looking at Louisville’s Charlie Strong have 384 words, post on collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com at December 31, 2013. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.