LOS ANGELES — Disney announced Fantasia: Music Evolved for the Xbox earlier this month, based on the studio’s classic movie. In the game, you play as the sorcerer's apprentice (the role portrayed by Mickey in the film) and control the music on the screen, similar to the way the ironic mouse did it in the film. I had the opportunity to give the game a spin at Disney's E3 booth this week, and walked away impressed. Move to the Music Admittedly, I'm a huge fan of most of the music and moving games out there. Rock Band ? I’ll school you on every instrument. Let's Dance ? No problem. A game like Fantasia is right up my alley, particularly because it combines games, music and moving to create an interactive experience. SEE ALSO: 10 Best Cross-Platform Multiplayer Mobile Games There's no controller for the game. Everything is handled through the Kinect sensor on the Xbox One or Xbox 360. The sensor on the system I tried had a bit of trouble seeing me at first, and intermittent problems registering my movements within the game. But since it's both a game and platform in progress, I'll give the issue a pass… Read full this story
- Best deals on video games, consoles, and gaming accessories for August 2020
- The best demos from the Steam Game Festival: Summer Edition
- The 43 best movies on Disney+ right now
- What, Exactly, Is Hiding in the Disney+ Movie Archives?
- The NBA Might Lock Reporters Inside Its Disney ‘Bubble’ for 3.5 Months
- Grounded Beginner's Guide: 10 Tips For Surviving The Giant World
- The best iPhone games currently available (August 2020)
- Disney to reveal pandemic hit to parks and ESPN, boost to streaming services, on Tuesday
- Why Disney hasn’t shared how many people watched ‘Hamilton’
- ‘The Mandalorian’ DP Greig Fraser On Developing Disney+ Drama’s LED Volume: “The Beginning Of Something Extraordinarily Powerful”
Disney's 'Fantasia' Game Will Rock Your World have 317 words, post on mashable.com at June 14, 2013. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.