Advertisement Over the past few years, you may have heard the term HTML5 every once in a while. Whether you know anything about web development or not, the concept can be somewhat nebulous and confusing. Obviously, it’s the next step in the line of HTML, but what exactly does it do? Why is there so much excitement around it? And why does it matter for you?HTML, or HyperText Markup Language, is the most important element of the World Wide Web. It’s the language used to describe what a webpage should look like. However, HTML on its own is pretty boring because it can only deliver static pages; in order to meet the growing demand for more impressive web features, HTML has been coupled with plugins like CSS, Flash, Java, Silverlight, etc.It has become something of a bloated mess and different browsers implement those features in their own ways. HTML5 is meant to solve HTML’s big problems for a cleaner and more efficient web.HTML: An OverviewHTML as we know it today is called HTML4 and it was first published way back in 1997. Yes, that means we’ve been running on HTML4 for over 15 years now which is an eternity in… Read full this story
- What Are APIs, And How Are Open APIs Changing The Internet
- WebRTC Explained: What Is This API, and How Is It Changing the Internet?
- Get Started With HTML5
- The Best Languages for Mobile App Development in 2016
- How Well Does Windows 10 Work on a Tiny Tablet?
- 5 Great Linux Desktop Environments You Haven’t Heard Of
- The Linux Spotify App is Dead (Kinda): What Can Replace It?
- Take A Break: 10 Websites To Help You Relax For Two Minutes
- Video Game Music Radio: The Perfect Background Noise for Geeks
What Is HTML5, And How Does It Change The Way I Browse? [MakeUseOf Explains] have 292 words, post on www.makeuseof.com at May 17, 2013. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.