ST. PAUL — It’s a placid, mild Friday afternoon in the Twin Cities.The towns’ beloved but beleaguered Major League Baseball team is out of town, about to put the finishing touches on a 10-game losing streak in one-hit fashion.Spring’s final gasp wisps through the air on the east side of the Mississippi River. The hum of slowly mounting rush-hour traffic can be heard rising off the interchange of Highway 280 and Interstate 94.Here, in an industrial, railroad-sandwiched crevasse of St. Paul, a retired military officer and his wife are hours from carrying on a two-decade tradition. A pair of recent college graduates will celebrate the end of the workweek before embarking on whatever early-weekend adventure may ensue. And a mother of four will introduce her children to the St. Paul Saints for the first time.In an environment meant to appeal to young and old, conservative and liberal, sport-enthused and arts-centric, it’s an early installment in the 21st campaign of an organization built upon taking the aesthetics-based selling points of independent minor league baseball to unprecedented levels of absurdity. That’s been the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball franchise’s calling card since its 1993 creation, and this year — and, its… Read full this story
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West take North and Saint ice-skating in Houston mall... ahead of his 45,000 attendee Sunday Service
- Olivia Culpo looks red hot as she shows off her toned abs while enjoying Devon Windsor's pre-wedding beach party in St. Barts
- Olivia Culpo gets playful with BFF Cara Santana after Devon Windsor's 'tear-jerking' wedding in St Baths
- The Dreyfus Affair by Piers Paul Read - review
- Paul Grayson: Why England can be champs of Europe in rugby as well as football
- St. Louis Park: Check Out 13 Big Events Coming Up Near You
- 5 New Saint Paul Area Houses For Sale
- 3 New Houses Foreclosed In The Saint Paul Area
- Saints reportedly lose Andrus Peat for six weeks after Pro Bowl lineman undergoes arm surgery
- 'He's very simple!' Kim Kardashian says home life with Kanye West is very normal and all it takes to keep him happy is 'a brownie and ice-cream'
St. Paul Saints keeping fun simple at Midway Stadium have 351 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 27, 2013. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.