Retailers are stocking the shelves in preparation for Halloween, and the first signs of spooky websites are following right behind them. The science enthusiasts at Life Technologies have created an interactive thriller video called The Foundation that puts you in the director’s chair. The video links to a Facebook application, then lets users cast five Facebook friends to play the roles of missing scientists, who vanished under mysterious circumstances. SEE ALSO: World's Fastest-Growing Facebook App Will Scare the Crap Out of You We don’t want to give any spoilers away, but there is a fun plot twist at the end too. According to Life Technologies’ leader for video and interactive, Andrew Green, the campaign is part of the growing trend for dynamic, personalized viral video content. What used to require expensive equipment and an entire team of filmmakers, developers, designers and marketers is now becoming more affordable. The video —which claims to compete with Linkin Park’s recent interactive video, ” Lost in the Echo ” — was made with help from members of Wooshii , a creative community for the video and animation industry. "It's a tribute to everyone involved that we've ended up with something comparable, in our opinion,… Read full this story
- Facebook accused of 'secret data deals'
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode: How to Activate Hidden Feature on Private Messaging App
- Three ways Facebook has affected your romantic relationships (and what to do about it)
- Unsend: How to Remove or Delete Sent Messages in Facebook Messenger
- As Facebook becomes harder to escape, it becomes easier to leave
- Hemp, Inc. CEO Featured on National Radio Show Discussing Company's Expanding Footprint and Demand for Cannabidiol
- I deleted my Facebook account and I’m glad
- Hemp, Inc. CEO Featured by ABC15 Arizona Discussing Hemp Regulatory Updates and Veteran Village Kins Community
- Hemp, Inc. Featured by CBS and NBC Affiliates in Oregon About The Hemp University's Educational Hemp Seminar
- Hemp, Inc. CEO Bruce Perlowin Featured in Forbes Discussing Tobacco Farmers Who are Turning to Industrial Hemp
Creepy Thriller Features Your Facebook Friends have 332 words, post on mashable.com at September 21, 2012. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.