WASHINGTON ‘ Despite a rash of mass killings, many Americans are skeptical of calls by President Barack Obama and others for “soul searching” on ways to reduce gun violence in the United States.
“Americans are not ready for soul searching about guns,” Jeffrey Reiman, a philosophy professor at American University in Washington, said in the wake of Sunday’s bloodshed at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin.
“Americans have made up their minds about guns,” he said. “A large number of people seem to want them,” with 258 million firearms in the United States held in private hands.
- Tennessee elections: Democrats soul-search after losses
- Chris Soules pleads to misdemeanor charge in fatal crash
- Barack Obama, Stacey Abrams, John Kerry and Irshad Manji on How to Make America Great—Finally
- Victims of Tate Publishing dissatisfied and skeptical
- In revealing new memoir, Michelle Obama candidly shares fertility struggles
- Michelle Obama reveals why she will never forgive Donald Trump
- Michelle Obama in New Memoir: I'll Never Forgive Trump for Endangering My Family
- 3 years in prison for Willmar man who illegally possessed machine guns, pipe bombs, silencers
- Deputies searching for Kroger robbery suspect near Sugar Land
- Man called Smurf goes to state prison in gun, drug case
- Gregg Jarrett: Cohen guilty plea does absolutely nothing to show wrongdoing by Trump
- Man jailed for Obama inaugural girl's death
- Possible plea again for Iowa City home day care provider accused of child neglect after judge rejected first one
- Right-wing conspiracy theorist says he’s negotiating plea with Mueller
- Corsi says he rejected plea deal from Mueller
- 33 arrests, 40 guns seized in Anaheim gang crackdown
- At Capitol, President George H.W. Bush saluted as 'gentle soul,' 'great man'
- Powell says veteran's help 'touched soul'
- Plea agreement reached for one suspect in North Kohala standoff
- Officer who lied about search warrant no longer works for Eden Prairie, statement released
Skepticism at Obama plea for 'soul searching' on guns have 293 words, post on at August 8, 2012. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.