The start of the second half has always been a bummer to me. Growing up, my beloved Redlegs were typically an extraneous entity in the NL Central race by mid-June, leaving the Midsummer Classic as the last significant affair on the baseball calendar. The closing of the All-Star Game seemed to signal the end of summer was approaching, as nearly all of the season’s celebrations (NBA Finals, U.S. Open, Independence Day, Home Run Derby) were in the rearview mirror. Sure, a few trips to the pool remained on the slate, but with a journey for school supplies in short order, it seemed like I’d be only days away from sitting in homeroom, gazing out the window wondering where the hell my vacation went. In theory, this adolescent outlook should have subsided. I’m 25, making “summer sabbatical” an imaginary concept along with such outlandish ideas as “Santa Claus” or “unbiased All-Star manager Tony La Russa.” The Reds have been relevant on the Senior Circuit recently, meaning I don’t have to spend the dog days of August watching the Little League World Series. Yet on Tuesday night, as we waved goodbye to Kansas City, a familiar disheartenment washed over me, as I… Read full this story
- Among Baton Rouge health workers, hopes that tears of joy replace tears of grief
- 'Woke' mall Santa is slammed for making a young boy CRY by refusing to give him a toy Nerf gun for Christmas, telling the heartbroken youngster: 'I can't bring a gun to you'
- Mother, 46, is left in tears as generous 'young girl in red jumper' pays for her £69 Christmas shopping bill in Tesco
- America Ferrera admits working from home with two young children can be 'overwhelming' as she prepares for 'super simple' holiday celebrations
- Parents still hoping, 20 years after abduction
- More tears over tiers: Rising number of Covid-19 cases are set to dash hopes of locked down areas being given more freedom
- Watch Kim Jong-un Wipe Away Tears During Apology to North Koreans For Failing to Meet Their Needs
- What a way to run a country! The hatreds, tears and tantrums behind the ousting of Dominic Cummings revealed - and the 'victory party' thrown by Carrie Symonds to celebrate his humiliating departure
- Kate Garraway says she 'hopes to form a bubble' with husband Derek Draper so she can see him on Christmas Day amid his Covid battle
- WGA West Chief David Young Says He Did Tell WME’s Rick Rosen He “Should Kick His Ass”, But Denies “Kill” Threat
Colvin, Young hope to continue tear have 412 words, post on www.foxsports.com at July 12, 2012. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.