It has officially been half a decade since the original iPhone was introduced on June 29, 2007. Not long. But technology years have become more and more like dog years—five human years is simply not a modest amount of time for a product like the iPhone to be on the market; it has become an eternity. So it can be hard to remember that the iPhone’s launch in 2007 permanently changed the smartphone. It left (and is currently leaving) its mark on the handset scene altogether; it kicked into gear a burgeoning mobile app industry that would be hard to live without today. And Apple now seems perpetually embroiled in countless patent suits with its competitors over what former Apple CEO Steve Jobs described as “a great theft” of Apple’s designs. The tech world has changed so much in those five years since 2007, yet Apple has largely stayed true to its original product vision. On this five-year anniversary of the iPhone’s launch, let’s take a look back at how the iPhone has evolved, as well as the evolution of the operating system that comes with it. Original iPhone and iPhone OS 1.0: “We love the concept…” It’s clear to… Read full this story
- Plague of 'sneaky subscriptions' on Apple's App Store tricks users into paying hefty recurring fees by promising 'free trials' that expire in DAYS
- Apple adjusts App Store search algorithm after report found its apps ranked first for hundreds of search terms
- Instagram ‘stalker app’ Like Patrol that lets creeps track your likes and comments blocked from Apple’s App Store
- Two iOS app developers file suit against Apple, claiming the App Store is a monopoly
- Apple Warns iPhone Users: Update Your Older Phone Or Lose Internet
- Get smart: The best educational apps for iPhone and Android
- Can you watch Disney+ on iPhone and iPad?
- Call of Duty Mobile: Everything you need to know about PUBG Mobile rival
- Mobile data sharing is 'out of control': Google hoovers up personal information from 90 per cent of apps, Oxford researchers warn
- Apple hints 'iPhone 8' won't be delayed as company's shares hit record high
“Who needs an app store?” Five years of iPhone have 359 words, post on arstechnica.com at June 28, 2012. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.