This post originally appeared on the American Express OPEN Forum , where Mashable regularly contributes articles about leveraging social media and technology in small business. In product-focused small businesses, photography plays a vital role in both sales and marketing. The products or services that a site posts to its site must not only be visually appealing, but also relatable. Basic photographic techniques can ensure that an otherwise worthy product isn’t overlooked. Furthermore, capturing the details of a product, like food or fabric, for example, can mean the difference for a sale. In terms of marketing, photos and videos can enhance user experience and set the tone for a business. They communicate consistency and professionalism, if coordinated effectively. To that end, we’ve collected five tips to ensure your ecommerce photos and videos perform fantastically. 1. Make Photos/Graphics Professional Whether you operate an ecommerce plugin from your own site or use a hosted ecommerce platform like Etsy or Amazon , it’s important to recognize the power of the visual. For instance, check out Etsy’s homepage ; their “handpicked items” nearly always appear polished and professional. They’re not going to feature sloppy or amateur-looking photography on their homepage — and neither should you…. Read full this story
- Shock Instagram blunder let strangers secretly download your photos, videos and location – and ‘millions of users’ affected
- iOS 11 could HALVE the amount of storage you need for photos and video - without sacrificing quality
- Ancient Aboriginal sites left vulnerable, showing why cultural preservation is necessary in Australia
- Sleep yourself younger... and have great sex! Try out these expert tips to boost your sex life AND help you get a better night's sleep
- 10 Sex Tips For Men Who Want To Be Good In Bed!
- Budget 2015: Can Osborne solve Britain's productivity puzzle?
- 9 Healthy Dietary Tips For Marathon Runners
- From a 'must-have' pregnancy pillow to Amazon's Echo Dot, the best-selling products MailOnline readers were loving in November
- Hackers steal more than 70,000 photos of Tinder users and put them on cyber crime sites 'to create fake profiles for catfishing frauds'
- Grab a great Valentine's Day gift for 50% off with Mixbook photo book deals
5 Tips for Improving Product Photos & Video on Your Ecommerce Site have 348 words, post on mashable.com at September 21, 2011. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.