Marc Hoag, CEO and co-founder of Venturocket , is a California-licensed attorney with an econ degree from UCLA and a strong background in math and science. Marc’s mission with Venturocket, first conceived nearly 10 years ago, is simple: to help make the world a more productive place. Unless you’re fortunate enough to be deliriously happy with your professional life, the odds are high that you'll be looking for a different job in the future. On the bright side, the fact that you're reading this article means you know how to navigate the Internet — a point in your favor. So how can you use that 'net savvy to most effectively court the employer of your dreams? Your cover letter and résumé may still be your opening gambit, but the life you lead online increases in relevance every day, especially as a resource for potential employers. Companies are turning to social networks and media more than ever. A recent study suggests that nearly 90% of companies will use networks like LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter for recruiting, and that nearly 80% will review a candidate's online presence and behavior before making a hiring decision. Since social media presence will likely be… Read full this story
- Who’s hotter – Emmanuel Macron or Justin Trudeau? Social media explodes with debate over who’s the sexiest world leader
- Readers discuss Germany's World Cup debut shutout against Australia
- POLITICO Playbook: Bracing for Dorian
- Call Antifa what they are — domestic terrorists
- What we learned from Week 3 of Arizona high school football
- Sick lies are being spread about the Grenfell Tower firefighters – here’s why they actually are heroes
- Kevin De Bruyne admits Romelu Lukaku could be a star at Manchester United after running City ragged
- Biden hits the skids in new Q Poll
- Who is John Cornyn Serving?
- German politician Edathy indicted on child-porn charges
5 Social Media Tips for Scoring Your Next Job have 305 words, post on mashable.com at September 1, 2011. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.