This post originally appeared on the American Express OPEN Forum , where Mashable regularly contributes articles about leveraging social media and technology in small business. Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is key to most online marketing campaigns today, and it’s often expensive and overwhelming. If the tedious nature and large time commitment required to run a successful — or even unsuccessful — PPC campaign has got you down, you are not alone. However, a good ROI makes it all worth while. Here are 10 tips to help improve your PPC campaign in hopes of a gaining a greater ROI and making the whole process more enjoyable and fruitful. 1. Run a Negative Campaign No, the idea is not to openly bash your competitors through ad copy. Instead, utilize negative keywords, one of the most underused features offered for PPC campaigns. Negative keywords allow you to choose words that won't trigger your ad. For example, if you are a new car salesman, place the word "used" on your negative list to target customers looking for a new vehicle. When used correctly and updated often, negative keywords help pare down your clickers to serious buyers and save your PPC dollars. 2. Location, Location, Location… Read full this story
- 10 top tips for gorgeous skin, better health and a happier you!
- As temperatures rise here are our top tips to cut bills and dry your laundry outside
- 5 bathroom renovation tips to make it worth the cost
- Quick gardening tips to transform your garden in under an hour
- Vietnamese police offer $4,300 reward for tip-off about killer
- Horse racing tips TODAY: Templegate NAPS this Frankie Dettori ride on day three of Boodles May Festival at Chester
- Horse racing tips: Red-hot Templegate reveals 2000 Guineas NAP at Newmarket plus other best bets after 16-1 double
- How to maximize your productivity in Windows 10
- Mother’s Day Special: 16 Easy And Effective Beauty Tips For Busy Moms
- 12 tips to stay productive when working from home
PPC Marketing: 10 Killer Tips for Better ROI have 316 words, post on mashable.com at August 14, 2011. This is cached page on Technology Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.