The Russian capital is officially considered the most expensive city in the world, but it hasn’t overtaken the most fashionable mega city yet. The research Global Language Monitor Company has made a list of the five most fashionable cities of the world. 3 American, 4 European and 3 Asian cities take the first lines of the list. Moscow takes only the 16th place.
Californian Global Language Monitor Company annually composes the rating lists of the most fashionable world cities, tracing words and phrases on the English internet and blog areas. Leaning to the linguistic base (frequency, contextness of the words using and appearance in global media sources) it has named the most fashionable city New York which has forced out the leading position even Paris – the traditional crib of the fashion.
Two other American cities: starry Los Angeles and “sin city” Las Vegas are included in ten “fashion plates” list being on the 7th and the 9th places of the list.
In 2007 Paris took just the third place, stepping aside the Rome (the second place). London took the 4th place but Milan has closed the leaders quintuple. Hong Kong having got the 8th place became the most fashionable south-Asian city. African Continent has been represented by Johannesburg (SAR), which took the 23d place. Polish Krakow was lucky to be included in the most fashionable cities list, it became the last one, conceding better places to Buenos Aires and even Santiago.
“The rating surprises a lot, demonstrating fast changes in fashion industry. The cities just yesterday being on the last places today are turning into fashion centers.” – says Millie Lorenzo Payack, the director and at the same time fashion correspondent of GLM.
The cities included in the group of ten worlds most fashionable cities are the following:
1. New York
7. Los Angeles
8. Hong Kong
9. Las Vegas
- Paperchase to make announcement on store closures
- 'World's biggest' Primark with restaurant, hairdressers and cafe set to open
- Manchester City sign new 10-year kit deal with Puma worth £650 million
- Paris Fashion Week: Nostalgia, Oprah and tributes to Lagerfeld
- Virgin Atlantic makes first foray into South America with service to Brazil's biggest city
- How the Clooneys became the world's biggest power couple
- Blow for Plymouth as huge city centre retailer announces closure
- Troubles at 'old fashioned' Debenhams are no surprise to me
- What these Brexit campaigners did to get attention in Derby city centre
- The world's biggest Primark is about to open an hour from Bristol
- Biggest Primark in the world will open an hour from Bristol
- How to get a job at the world's biggest Primark
- City centre survey: Wakefield should trade on ‘world class’ attractions and history
- Manchester International Festival 2019 programme announced
- Sheffield show to explore the psychology of fashion and shopping
- Vegans to stage huge animal rights protest in Plymouth city centre
- A home from home for Manchester United manager Ole Gunner Solskjaer
- Celtic announce first ever fan festival and promise 'unprecedented celebration'
- When the world's biggest Primark will open in the Midlands
- Bowls club hosts world championship
The Most Fashionable Cities of the World are Announced have 489 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 23, 2007. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.