In his quest for more information, Man has gone far and wide in his explorations. NASA and various such aerospace researchers have shared the breathtaking “out-of-the-world” pictures with all and sundry. Various space missions, coupled with advancements in satellite photography, have contributed to this achievement of mankind. Solar system pictures are now a widely developed area on account of the availability of sharp and vivid images of specified solar system objects.
Multimedia projections, virtual guided tours, online professional labs, and different websites offer magnificent pictures of the solar system trajectory, the sun, planets, asteroids, comets, and meteoroids.
For example, the web version of Welcome to the Planets, among a multitude of other sites, has new planetary images, taken by various space missions, including the Mars Pathfinder, Mars Global Surveyor, and Galileo and Cassini spacecraft. Previously only CD-ROMs were there, but now voice-overs are available online.
Print-outs can be obtained by paying amounts starting at $7 plus $5 handling charges.
NASA’s Hubble has discovered new rings and moons around Uranus, in a close shot. Another picture courtesy of the Hubble telescope shows Mars kicking up the dust as it comes the closest to Earth. Various pictures released show possible new moons around Pluto and other moon resources.
Hubble even made a movie of Neptune’s Dynamic Atmosphere. Observations of Ceres, the largest known asteroid, revealed that the object may be a “Mini Planet” with water ice.
There are solar eclipse images showing the structure of the sun, which is the most prominent feature in the solar system. The sun’s disk can accommodate 109 Earths, and its interior could hold over 1.3 million earths.
Pictures of these sharpest views of the sun, pictures of solar flares leaving the sun quaking and other intimate pictures of planets, asteroids, and comets have been made available by various space missions. Thanks to them, these can be now obtained or downloaded.
- Why Tesla is offering rock-bottom solar panel prices
- Mercury to create tiny solar eclipse in rare celestial act
- NASA launches historic Parker Solar Probe to the sun
- Mercury creates tiny solar eclipse in rare celestial act
- Earth and the other planets in our solar system may have formed from balls of MUD, simulations reveal
- Fukushima farmland that became unusable after the 2011 nuclear meltdown is being converted into wind and solar power plants to send electricity to Tokyo
- The big picture: Julie Christie and Dirk Bogarde film Darling, 1964
- Astronomers find first evidence for a moon OUTSIDE our solar system: Rocky satellite the size of NEPTUNE is orbiting a gas giant 8,000 light years from Earth
- Are we alone in the universe? Scientists develop a new method for identifying potentially habitable planets that could host ALIEN LIFE outside of our solar system
- Amazing picture of interstellar comet screaming through our solar system at 93,000mph
- Ambev to invest $145 million in wind farm to power Budweiser breweries in Brazil
- NASA retires planet-hunting Kepler space telescope
Solar System Pictures have 473 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 21, 2006. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.